Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dalabera
Frequent Visitor

Dataflow Import Model error: cdsaPbiServiceUserException

We did a powerBI tenant Migration recently and needed to reinstall everything else. We took backups of everything and when tyring to reimport the Dataflows on a couple we are getting this error:

Error code cdsaPbiServiceUserException. Activity ID is [GUID] , Request ID is [GUID]. 

Manually search those GUID and could not find them anywhere. Please help. 

3 REPLIES 3
KamenP
Regular Visitor

If some data flows contain linked tables from other data flows, those references are broken when you migrate the referenced data flow to a different workspace. Fortunately, this is pretty easy to fix:

1. First import the data flows that do not reference other linked tables. 

2. Create a new data flow that references one table in each of the data flows from step1. 

3. Export the data flow from step2. Open the JSON with your favorite editor. I use VS Code. Format with Alt-Shift-F.

4. Scroll all the way to the bottom and find the referenceModels section. It should look like this:

"referenceModels": [
        {
            "id": "1b026f80-9376-4809-85db-d9e45abe36ee/b6444417-0fc3-4ca1-bd47-bd3bb009a85a",
            "location": "https://some-url"
        }
    ]
5. Copy the id (if you have multiple ids, make multiple iterations). Note the location URL. You will have to match that in the next step.
6. Open the JSON that you had problems importing. Find the referenceModel record (match based on the location URL if necessary) and replace the id with the one you copied in step5. The id occurs multiple times in the JSON file, so make sure you replace all occurrences.
7. Save the JSON file and import again.

ahitchy
Regular Visitor

I'm now getting this error. I exported jsons for 3x Dataflows and only the 1st one will import.

Is there a way of extracting the queries from the JSON manually? 

What is it referring to? 

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @dalabera ,

Is this a Common Data Source location for the dataflow?   If so, are the path(s) to the CDS Entities visible to the new Power BI data sources?

EIther way, it might be helpful to go to the Dataflow settings and reenter the valid credentials for the dataflow data source.  It is quiet possible in copying things to a new location could require credentials to be re-entered.

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors