Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jnickell
Helper V
Helper V

Dataflow Fails "missing credentials"

We had two established and working dataflows that all failed during their scheduled refresh last night/ this morning citing: 

Error: Data source credentials are missing or invalid. Please update the credentials for Cds in dataflows settings page and try again.

Both of these were refreshing from a Microsoft datasource (Dataverse for one, Sharepoint List for the other).  Opening the dataflow and re-signing in seems to have resolved the issue, but I'm unsure how the dataflow lost it's credentials. One of the dataflows' signed on user had their password updated yesterday, but I don't remember previous password changes causing this kind of failure.

1 REPLY 1
Pete_Q
Regular Visitor

I've got a similar situation.  I have one dataflow that is a source for a second dataflow and I'm now getting an invalid credentials error on the second dataflow (both created under my account.)  Similarly, this failure coincides with a password reset.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors