Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LukeMcManagan
Advocate I
Advocate I

Dataflow Entity Missing ALL Fields after successful refresh

I have a dataflow setup that queries Salesforce via an ODBC connection on our gateway.

The dataflow refreshes succesfully but when i refresh my report from the dataflow, some of the entities are missing all of the fields. This doesn't happen to the same entities each time:

LukeMcManagan_0-1610665850300.png

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LukeMcManagan
Advocate I
Advocate I

Resolved.

This issue was likely linked to another issue I was having with a datasource set up in our gateway cluster. The other issue descibed here - https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Dataflow-Refresh-Error-ODBC-ERROR-HY000-Showing-a-modal-dia... - caused some instability with dataflows that used that datasource.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LukeMcManagan
Advocate I
Advocate I

Resolved.

This issue was likely linked to another issue I was having with a datasource set up in our gateway cluster. The other issue descibed here - https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Dataflow-Refresh-Error-ODBC-ERROR-HY000-Showing-a-modal-dia... - caused some instability with dataflows that used that datasource.

LukeMcManagan
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thanks for your response.

This happens right after a successful refresh though. When I refresh the dataflow, other entities lose their fields. There are no errors in the dataflow itself either. 

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Supposedly you need to refresh the dataflow in the service to make these fields appear.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors