Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

danderson2692
Resolver I
Resolver I

Dataflow Credentials - ODATA to Sharepoint PWA

Hello,

I'm having issues getting an ODATA feed to a PWA Sharepoint Online site to work in a Dataflow. This works without an issue in my desktop app (using the Project Online content pack as a starting point), however when I create the OData connection in the dataflow and enter my credentials, they are not saved and I see the "Please specify how to connect" message. I've created a dataflow to read the Sharepoint Online lists from the same sharepoint site to be sure there isn't anything wrong with its configuration. That Lists connection works without an issue.

Any recommendations? I've tried this on Chrome, IE, Edge, and Firefox.

Thanks,
David

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@danderson2692 ,

In dataset pane, you can configure the sharepoint credentials, you can then select the authentication ways of your connection:

Capture.PNG 

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuta-msft I'm not able to set the credentials through that interface until after the dataflow has been created. The dataflow can't be saved until the credentials are initially set in the query because it checks to see if the data loads without errors when you click "save and close".

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors