Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gab_PowerBI

Dataflow Creation

Hi,

I'm trying to create a dataflow.

When I connect the server and insert my credentials this error coours:

Gab_PowerBI_0-1667920794477.png

I use same connection in Power BI Desktop and it works. When I published the app on Power BI Service I scheduled the refresh with same connetcion and it works.

Only when I create a dataflow with that connection it doesn't work.

The connection is "Azure SQL Database" Type.

Anyone can help me?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Gab_PowerBI 

This may be because your Azure firewall is set to allow your IP address from your Desktop access to the SQL instance, but does not allow the IP address of the Power BI Service through.

There are a couple of things you can do on the Azure SQL server firewall.

The first one and easiest one is turning on the following option to allow other Azure services and resources through, which includes the Power BI service, (where the Dataflow is running).

Burningsuit_0-1667926175006.png

The second one would be finding the list with all the ranges IPs for Power Bi Service. You can google azure range ip addresses. I think this link has them, but check it again just in case:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56519

Hope this helps.

Stuart

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Gab_PowerBI 

This may be because your Azure firewall is set to allow your IP address from your Desktop access to the SQL instance, but does not allow the IP address of the Power BI Service through.

There are a couple of things you can do on the Azure SQL server firewall.

The first one and easiest one is turning on the following option to allow other Azure services and resources through, which includes the Power BI service, (where the Dataflow is running).

Burningsuit_0-1667926175006.png

The second one would be finding the list with all the ranges IPs for Power Bi Service. You can google azure range ip addresses. I think this link has them, but check it again just in case:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56519

Hope this helps.

Stuart

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

can you share your connection details?    are you creating it in the same workspace?  This looks like its unable to reach it, maybe you have typed the wrong details in or if you in a different workspace that doesn't have access?

if you copy the power query code for the connection from your power bi file and paste it into a dataflow.  Does that work?  Provided its in the same workspace?  I am assuming you have tested it already in the service and it works?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors