Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dataflow Connection to OneDrive Error

Hi all,

I am trying to connect a dataflow to some tables in a OneDrive folder but I am getting some connection errors. 

I choose Excel file for the connection. Then for the URL I give the path to the folder. For Authentication Kind I pick Organizational Account and sign in with that account. When I click next it returns the error: An exception occurred: DataFormat.Error: The input URL is invalid. Please provide a URL to the file path on SharePoint up to the file name only

I've tried different formats of the URL, but I can't figure out what it is looking for. If I give the URL for one of the files in the folder directly it returns the error: invalid credentials.

Should I use Authentication Kind: Basic? If so, what is the Username? If I use my org email and password, it returns invalid credentials.

Thanks for any help you can offer me.

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

Currently, the onedrive connector in power bi desktop only support onedrive root URL. Here is the idea about onedrive folder connector, you may vote for this idea. 

In addtion, there's also a workaround which use the onedrive sync in windows. Please refer to this similar thread.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I pasted my excel file to the root OneDrive Buisness folder and right clicked on it and got a link via share. 

When I login with my buisness creddential in the Power BI File importer I get the same error every time I try to create the DataFlow:

Invalid credentials. (Session ID: d2ff58df-21cf-4c66-8725-c3a61982573d)

Same thing happens when I upload it to a sharepoint site and get a link that way. Nothing works. Why is it so incredibly hard to make a dataflow?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry I should have specified, I was trying to connect to a OneDrive folder from the PowerBI Service when creating a new dataflow entity. I found a solution though, the folder in OneDrive is labled "Files" but the path is "Documents."

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors