Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TBNPieter
Frequent Visitor

Dataflow - Can't sign in on dataflow

Hi everyone,

For some reason me and my colleagues can't open the transform Data (power query) and work on the dataflow which we have connected to. Only 1 colleague can still do this, but the other 5 can't.

So we made a dataflow to a Sharepoint online list. Then in Desktop my colleague connected to it and made some query's to make a report. Afther a couple of weeks, we changed our passwords (company security rule) and all of a sudden we can't connect to the dataflow in power bi desktop. It asks us to 'Edit credentials' and then gives us no options except to 'Sign in'. If we do this it just returns 'We're unable to connect. Please delete credentials and try again'. 

TBNPieter_0-1660835910208.png

We have tried deleting and putting the correct ones in, but still get the same error.

I have tried to delete my stored credentials (.zip file on local PC) but that didn't work.

Anyone ever experienced the same issue? Can someone help us out?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TBNPieter
Frequent Visitor

Hi, 

Our IT has found the solution somewhere that fixes this problem!!!

Inside Power BI Desktop:

File -> Options and settings -> Options -> Global -> Security ->  Authentication Browser -> Use my default web browser (check this box).

When you do this, PBI Desktop will open your browser so you can log in correctly.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TBNPieter
Frequent Visitor

Hi, 

Our IT has found the solution somewhere that fixes this problem!!!

Inside Power BI Desktop:

File -> Options and settings -> Options -> Global -> Security ->  Authentication Browser -> Use my default web browser (check this box).

When you do this, PBI Desktop will open your browser so you can log in correctly.  

wikkleyn
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @TBNPieter  Try clearing the Global Permission in Power BI desktop.

wikkleyn_0-1660892936628.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors