Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

RRaj_293
Helper I
Helper I

DataMart Connection Error - Snowflake DB

Hi , 

I'm getting below error when I try to create a datamart from power Bi service and connect to our DB which is snowflake. 

RRaj_293_0-1670368074931.png

RRaj_293_1-1670368112032.png.

We tried updating the gateway , still no luck. Pls advise.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RRaj_293 ,

Could you check and make sure that you can connect to Snowflake?

Do you have access sysadmin rights in database server which you have giving for DATA Mart DB? and Make sure you are giving correct information and port numbers.

You can connect the Power Bi Desktop to the Snowflake DB generated by the Datamart with import mode.

Regarding the creation of a dataset from the datamart in the cloud, it auto generates one for you with direct query to build reports. In case you want to build them in a different workspace you need to be member or admin in the workspace of the datamart.

If you have an issue connecting to an database source it can be a problem of firewall on the DB or bug for now.

You can refer to the following documents that may be helpful to you:

Unable to create Datamart from previously Management Reporter Database - Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum...

Solution: Error when trying to connect to Tableau Desktop using oAuth+SSO flow for Snowflake account...

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Hi Neeko , 

Yes , I can connect to snowflake Database using same server details. I can also create PBI reports from dekstop using the same snowflake server and other details. 

My intention is not to create reports yet from the dataset that datamart generates. At the moment I want to create a datamart , which is suppose is possible only in PBI service , This datamart will then be a layer in between database and our datasets . What we are trying to achieve here by bringing a datamart layer between DB and Datasets is to have the common tables refreshed only once via datamart instead of same table refreshing multiple times when each dataset refreshes.

I'm able to connect to same snowflake DB via desktop , publishing reports to PBI , create new reports off existing datasets. pretty much everything including working in DB.

But anything to be created new in PBI service is causing this error for everyone in team!

RRaj_293
Helper I
Helper I

To Add to it - We are on premium Gen2 and I'm added as Admin. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors