Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

DataLake Gen2 Connection simply not working...

I wish I could be more descriptive... But I can't, since Microsoft only gives me the following error message:

Something went wrong
Error while connecting your Data Lake Storage account
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Activity ID: 66119ccc-b26d-4660-9d2e-e18722709062
Request ID: 08aa5192-9e9d-8713-d6b2-9054f3df538d
Correlation ID: 09f6ca90-f984-107c-f65b-d7359624432c
Time: Tue Jan 08 2019 15:38:25 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time)
Version: 13.0.7840.225
Cluster URI: https://wabi-us-north-central-redirect.analysis.windows.net

"Something" went wrong.  Cool... Doesn't tell me anything.  All I can tell you is that I've followed all of the steps, in order, on this page (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-dataflows-connect-azure-data-lake-storage-gen2) and I end up with the above error message.

Can't give any more information since I don't have any more information.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anonymous
Not applicable

There's word that you have to use the 1.6.2 insider build of ADE for the steps (of course not mentioned anywhere). I'm waiting to have my ADE update to 1.6.2 to see if that's a real fix.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes... Confirmed.

You must use ASE 1.6.2.  I'm on macOS and 1.6.1 is the latest available.  Switching over to Win10 and 1.6.2 is the latest default that installs.  Once I got that setup and went through all of the steps, it worked fine.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there The best advice I can give for this is to log a support request, which will then assign an engineer to you to work through the issue. https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

There's word that you have to use the 1.6.2 insider build of ADE for the steps (of course not mentioned anywhere). I'm waiting to have my ADE update to 1.6.2 to see if that's a real fix.

Awesome, please let us know if this resolves the issue!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes... Confirmed.

You must use ASE 1.6.2.  I'm on macOS and 1.6.1 is the latest available.  Switching over to Win10 and 1.6.2 is the latest default that installs.  Once I got that setup and went through all of the steps, it worked fine.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors