Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KCinMelbourne
Resolver I
Resolver I

DataFlows Preview Feedback

Hi all,

I frequently use the new features offered by Power BI, and MS frequently says they want feedback - but it's really unclear where or how we're supposed to provide that feedback.

Does anyone know how we're supposed to do this?

Cheers

Kirsty

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MatthewRoche
Employee
Employee

Hi KC,

If your feedback takes the form of a feature request, post it on the ideas site: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas?category_id=341638

If it takes a different form, post it here.

These two locations (unlike commenting on blogs or YouTube videos or the like) are easy for members of the Power BI team to locate, and have all the features you want to find in a feedback channel.

I don't know what review processes the dataflows team has during preview (so I can't say what sort of responses you should expect) but I do know that multiple members of the dataflows team actively monitor both of these sites.

I hpoe tihs helps...

Matthew

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
sebadb9
Advocate V
Advocate V

Hi I'm testing dataflows, unfortunately I'm experiencing very bad performance, so slow that it isn't really usable. Sometimes I get errors, then I just refresh and the error disapears... But I feel I'm more waiting on the steps to calculate than actually working. Sometimes it calculates the same step very fast and another time it's extremely slow or throws an error. I feel it is not stable enough for deployment and for daily use.

(I'm using blank queries where I paste M code created in power BI desktop, to connect by ODBC to on premises data source.)

Hi @sebadb9,

I suggest posting this as an issue rather than in the support forum so it gets the necessary attention from Microsoft.

Cheers

Kirsty

MatthewRoche
Employee
Employee

Hi KC,

If your feedback takes the form of a feature request, post it on the ideas site: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas?category_id=341638

If it takes a different form, post it here.

These two locations (unlike commenting on blogs or YouTube videos or the like) are easy for members of the Power BI team to locate, and have all the features you want to find in a feedback channel.

I don't know what review processes the dataflows team has during preview (so I can't say what sort of responses you should expect) but I do know that multiple members of the dataflows team actively monitor both of these sites.

I hpoe tihs helps...

Matthew

Thanks @MatthewRoche! This is exactly what I was looking for! Everything I had was already listed so I could simply vote it up.  Thanks for providing the direct link to Dataflow specifically.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @KCinMelbourne,

Maybe you can post your comment to blog and document pages, I think they will pay attention to these comments.

Introducing: Power BI data prep with dataflows

Self-service data prep in Power BI (Preview)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thank you @v-shex-msft, I had also found those.  One of the articles is closed for comments. The other takes you to create ideas. It seems odd to me to raise a new feature, request feedback and not provide a clear feedback process.

To me ideas is new development we're looking for, not providing feedback on something in Beta. Maybe I've misunderstood?

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Well, you could provide feedback here and perhaps tag someone like @chass perhaps. Chuck might have a better answer for this.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors