Super Contributor

Re: DataFlow timeouts

Hi @philosopher ,

Glad to hear that.

Best Regards,

Icey

Highlighted

Ditto on disabling EDCE and now refreshes are working again.  Thanks.

JaneLHunt Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hello

I raised a support call with Microsoft as some of our dataflows on Premium  had started to error with Param1 = Execution Timeout Expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.  (One of the dataflows had this error, even though it was not a computed entity and it ran successfully outside of Premium).
Response from Microsoft:
This known issue is very recent but I've engaged the Engineering team and they are already working on a fix for this issue.  The timeline for the fix should be the end of the next week.  Hence, we believe that by November 18th the issue should be fixed.
At this moment, the available workaround is to disable the enhanced compute engine until the fix is
deployed.

I confirm that after the Compute Engine on Premium was turned off and I had allocated more memory to dataflows on the Premium Capacity that the larger sized computed entities ran successfully.  I needed to allocate more memory to dataflows as some of the larger sized computed entities then returned the error that  Evaluation ran out of memory after the Compute Engine was turned off.

Icey Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Hi @philosopher ,

Engineering team have fixed the Power BI Known issue : Some Dataflow refresh fails with timeout error when enhanced compute engine is turned on for dataflow workload. Please check.

Best Regards,
Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Learn the answers to some of the questions asked during the Amanda Triple A event.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 274 members 2,747 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: