Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mihalykavasi
Frequent Visitor

DataFlow - table is empty when connecting with Desktop

Hi everyone!

I have an issue with dataflows.

I created a simple dataflow using a SharePoint List.

I can see the data in the dataflow editor

DataFlow - EditorDataFlow - Editor

But when I try to use it in Power BI Desktop the table is empty.

DataFlow - NavigatiorDataFlow - Navigatior

DataFLow - No dataDataFLow - No data

I was not able to solve this issue so far.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Mihaly

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @mihalykavasi ,

After creating the new dataflow, please refresh the DataFlow on service to make data loaded into the entity. Then, click the "Refresh" button in "Navigator" pane. If still no data is shown, please clear permissions under "Data Source settings", and establish the connection to dataflow again.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
sciomac
Frequent Visitor

Hi everyone,

I've got the same problem, I have created 3 dataflows:

1. From Excel file: No problem at all
  2. From Template Dynamic 365 Sales: I have refreshed after creating and I've checked that there is data but when I tried with PB Desktop, it tells me that tables are empty. I have also refreshed the navigator.
  3. From SQL Server: I have refreshed after creating and I've checked that there is data but when I tried with PB Desktop, it tells me that tables are empty. I have also refreshed the navigator.

Power Query Editor Online

Screenshot 2019-11-14 at 20.53.17.pngPB Desktop

Screenshot 2019-11-14 at 20.53.36.png

Can anyone help me, please?

Thank you

marks789
Frequent Visitor

v-yulgu-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @mihalykavasi ,

After creating the new dataflow, please refresh the DataFlow on service to make data loaded into the entity. Then, click the "Refresh" button in "Navigator" pane. If still no data is shown, please clear permissions under "Data Source settings", and establish the connection to dataflow again.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

@v-yulgu-msft ,

I have tried all the suggested options but none of them worked. Tried refreshing data in PowerBI service, tried refreshing data in Navigator, tried refreshing data in Preview pane, tried clearing the permissions but it still shows "The table is empty". Any suggestions?

I had the same problem, apparently, the data is not loaded in Power Bi Desktop if any column has an error. In my case, a transformation was trying to parse a list column in text and the value only shows "error", removing this transformation all worked.

If you go back to the dataflow and start editing it. Do you see the data? Also have you checked in the service if the data flow refresh was successful?

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Groups Public Preview

Join us for our User Group Public Preview!

Power BI User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.

March Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the March 2021 Updates!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors