Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PhilC
Resolver I
Resolver I

DataFlow error - The module named 'HTML' has been disabled in this context

Hi, receiving the above HTML error when creating an entity.  See below for screen capture of two different error messages for two entities (queries).

There are a number of other entities that are being used in the ones failing, mostly functions that provide the build up of a URL to use. 

The source is our organisation's web server that pulls back reports from an Oracle database.  The web server is visible to the outside, but does require credentials.  Have used Basic credentials for access.

The queries have been copied from ones working in Power BI Desktop.

These are the error messages from two different entitiesThese are the error messages from two different entities

Thanks for any thoughts on how to troubleshoot this one.

Cheers

Phil

6 REPLIES 6
Galia
Employee
Employee

Hi Phil,

I've forward the issue to dataflow engineering team.

We will get back to you once we will find the issue.

Thanks,

Galia

Hi @PhilC,

A workaround for you:

-Go to the dataflow settings

-Click add to gateway, then click add

-Pick the gateway select Apply

This should resolve the issue.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi Frank (@v-frfei-msft),

Where do I find Settings for the Dataflow?  Remember, I have yet to be able to save it.  Only place I can see it Options when I am in Edit Queries.  This gives a drop down selector for On-premises gateway, however my personal gateway is not appearing in the drop down to select.  We do not have an enterprise gateway at this stage.

Update: now realise data flows can only use enterprise gateways, not personal ones. 

Based on us not having an enterprise gateway, is there any ability to use data flows at this time?

Cheers

Phil

Hi Phil, 

To further understand the issue, can you please elaborate on the origin of this error message?

Is it showing inisde the queries editor window, or does it appear after closing it?

Thanks,

yovav

Hi @Yovav

The error occurs in the Query editing  area,  when  the preview would normally be returned.

I'll be out of the office until Tues (Australian time), so probably cannot provide any further info until then.

Noting also, the DataFlow cannot be saved yet, have an error message and have a Support ticket opened - 119020719638642).  I have not navigated away from the dataflow yet in the hop that I do not have to redo all the queries in the dataflow.

In case it is of use:

- as noted above the query used a number of functions to create a URL and bring back the information

- as a test, I tried to hard code the URL in a new query and use that, was not able to do it using Web or Web API tiles in the data sources.  Received a message that need a Gateway to use Web source

- Installed the On Premises Gateway, but it does not say personal, so might not have installed correctly

- IN further testing, the hard coded query will not accept my credential (using Basic).

Not sure if this is relevant but providing as much info as possible.

Cheers

Phil

Cheers

Phil

Thanks @PhilC.

I will let you know in case additional information is required

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors