Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

DataFlow Error || Transport Connection || On Premise SQL Server

Hi All, 

I am trying to create a dataflow which is connected to my onpremise SQL server and than using AI insights function in PowerBI Services (premium workspace- power query) to extract key phrases & sentiment score Insights.

It works well till this step. 

Power QueryPower Query

Now when i do manual refresh on this dataflow i get below error and i don't get any data in PowerBI desktop when we connect to this data flow.

Refresh ErrorRefresh Error

On clicking on error message its says 

Error: Encountered user gateway exception: '<pi>An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'Unable to read data from the transport connection: The connection was closed.'</pi>'.. RootActivityId = 29c93b8d-a349-4e35-a0ea-c84681e2d05b.Param1 = <pi>An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'Unable to read data from the transport connection: The connection was closed.'</pi> Request ID: e55cdd63-cdf3-98e1-5121-4db89565a28b.

Can anyone guide me on how to resolve this issue?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you check if the gateway is available?  Do you add all data sources into gateway? And do you try change the privacy level?

Gateway_privacylevel.PNG

Reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-dataflows-on-premises-gateways#monitoring-your-gateway

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, kindly mark the helpful answer as a solution if you feel that makes sense. Welcome to share your own solution. More people will benefit from the thread.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you check if the gateway is available?  Do you add all data sources into gateway? And do you try change the privacy level?

Gateway_privacylevel.PNG

Reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-dataflows-on-premises-gateways#monitoring-your-gateway

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! Your suggestions helped in resolving the issue.

Glad it works for you.😊

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

Best Regards,
Xue Ding

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, kindly mark the helpful answer as a solution if you feel that makes sense. Welcome to share your own solution. More people will benefit from the thread.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

Best Regards,
Xue Ding

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors