Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AMH
Advocate I
Advocate I

DataFlow: DataSource.Error: The operation has timed out

Hi everybody

We have a dataflow configured on the server which have been failing for the last 2 days for every refresh - it should refresh 3 times a day. One of the tables (and it seems to be a different one every time) fails with this error:

DataSource.Error: The operation has timed out

This flow has been refreshing fine for months but suddenly this issue is occuring. The flows are connecting to a number of Salesforce objects using Salesforce.Data()

The flow is failing after between 5-30 minutes, and normally takes 40 minutes to complete.  

This is a flow in a non-premium workspace. I've confirmed that we are well within the API limits of Salesforce as well. 

Please advise as this is causing huge issues for our business and clients. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jjmanx
Frequent Visitor

Yes, mine too! Thanks for raising the ticket AMH. Fingers crossed this has now been resolved. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
AMH
Advocate I
Advocate I

Also another update, haven't heard anything from support but my refreshes started magically working a couple of hours ago. Hopefully the schedule starts working again too. 

jjmanx
Frequent Visitor

Yes, mine too! Thanks for raising the ticket AMH. Fingers crossed this has now been resolved. 

chris88
Frequent Visitor

Same here, would have started working again around the same time. Hopefully it continues. 

AMH
Advocate I
Advocate I

FYI I created a support ticket as I'm a Pro user, and the engineer said they don't yet know what is causing it but he said there are many people reporting issues since yesterday. He specifically mentioned Salesforce, Azure and Sharepoint. If you're also a Pro user, please raise a support ticket so they can gather more information and get to the bottom of the issue.

Hi @AMH - can you share with us the ticket link? We also don't know why this happens. In my case, I have a dataflow with SF object 'Tasks' which times out even just after <15 min of trying to refresh automatically.

AaronChen_11
Regular Visitor

We are using Odata linked to D365FinOps, having the same issue since Last firday (13/1/2023).

AMH
Advocate I
Advocate I

@jjmanx @chris88 Out of interest are your issues related to data from Salesforce or are you using a different connector?

jjmanx
Frequent Visitor

I've a dataflow set up using the (provided for) Salesforce connector within PBI.

jjmanx
Frequent Visitor

I'm having the exact same problem. No issues for months and now 17 timeout fails over the past few days (some automated, some on-demand) with one random completed in the middle. Different tables each time.  

I am having this exact problem as described here. Fail after fail and random completed in between, different tables each time as well. Might it be a Power BI issue?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors