Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SDM_1997
Helper II
Helper II

DataFlow Computed tables need Premium

Hi All,

I am getting this subject warning since today. 

SDM_1997_0-1667814786308.png

This dataflow is running since a few months now and got this warning today for some reason..
The workspace where this dataflow exists is part of premium capacity as well.

SDM_1997_0-1667815503918.png

This dataflow refreshes everyday via Scheduled refresh. It refreshed today as well.
So, am I just getting this as a common warning and my data is actually refreshing?

Thanks in advance

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi!
Yeah it definitely seems to be a bug.
Because I have not changed the code in that dataflow in the last month but this warning is showing since 1 day only.
Later I manually refreshed the dataflow as well and I got more rows returned than after morning's refresh. Means the data is still updating even with the warning 😂

View solution in original post

Shrap_09
Frequent Visitor

14 REPLIES 14
Shrap_09
Frequent Visitor

Microsoft put that message on : https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Shrap_09_0-1668200121753.png

Shrap_09
Frequent Visitor

Same here. Nothing changed on our end. All our workspaces are on Premium capacities. We also track Power BI Service versions and Power BI Service was updated yesterday. This is a bug.

Shrap_09_0-1668108960267.png

arock-well
Helper V
Helper V

After modifying and running a test dataflow, it still had that message. However, it seems to refresh as normal. Going to consider this message as not valid and ignore it.

arock-well
Helper V
Helper V

I've also tried downloading the .json file and then uploading the model to a new dataflow, but it still has that message when selecting a computed table.

arock-well
Helper V
Helper V

I am having this same issue and started a new ticket before I saw this one (but will close that one out to follow it here).

arockwell_0-1667931537386.png

QooT
Frequent Visitor

Hi !
Same here. I have premimum Capacity but still getting this error.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm getting the same error.    I am also on Premium.    And its only started in the last day or so.

Hi Lamare15

For me even with warning, data is refreshing.
Can you check for your case as well, if number of rows are changing or not?

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. Please make sure the workspace is still on a capacity because the second picture you have sent is not showing that. It's important to note that if you remove the workspace from Power BI Premium capacity, the associated dataflow will no longer be refreshed.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Hi!
Can you let me know where to check that?
We have 3 separate workspaces and it shows the same for all.
But all workspaces show the Diamond symbol besides the names. And hovering on it as 'Power BI premium content'

If you can see the diamond next to the name on the workspaces list then it's premium. Be sure to check the code and make sure you are not linking an entity from another workspace that's not premium.
You might need to edit the dataflow and save it again to check if it save it again on the dedicated storage in order to refresh.

If the refresh fails, rise a ticket for support. If it runs succesfully then you are ready to go 🙂

I hope that make sense.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Hi!
Yeah it definitely seems to be a bug.
Because I have not changed the code in that dataflow in the last month but this warning is showing since 1 day only.
Later I manually refreshed the dataflow as well and I got more rows returned than after morning's refresh. Means the data is still updating even with the warning 😂

Hello all,

I'm also expericing this annoying bug, which seems also to prevent some operations in my dataflows.

Hi!
I'm having similar issue. But the thing is I'm on premium capacity an dI'm still getting the same error

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors