Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

agathe_oui
Frequent Visitor

Data update error: data source does not have identification information.

Hello,

I'm here to ask for help with updating the data. I seem to have followed the doc but the update still doesn't work. I don't want a scheduled update, just the on-demand update (when refreshing the dashboard).

I have 3 different data sources:
- a MySQL database
- 3 links to a web API
- Python (in order to be able to run Python scripts)

When I try to update my dataset, here is the error:

Data source error:Scheduled refresh has been disabled due to at least one data source not having credentials provided. Please provide credentials for all data sources, and then turn scheduled refresh back on.

Now it seems to me that the 3 sources have been set up correctly.
- For the database, I filled in the "Database" credentials and a Public privacy level.

- For the links to the web API, I'm less sure of what I did:
A bit of context, my web API is accessible such as: https://mywebapi?api_key=XXX&param1=param1. But if the param1 (which is variable: today's date) is not filled in, the link is not accessible.
My data source is filled such as https://mywebapi with basic credentials (username being the content of the api key).
In my queries in power query, I then specify the parameter param1. privacy level: public

- Well, for Python. I simply entered the Windows credentials and a privacy level from Public.

I understood that when you want a scheduled update, it is necessary to have a local gateway because of the use of Python scripts.

But this is not my case, so if I understand correctly I don't need a gateway.

Can you help me, thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@agathe_oui I do not understand what you mean by Python as a source? Are you saying you have a Python query? If so, what is it actually using as a source?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

I confess I don't really understand. I simply added Python scripts for my data manipulation in Power Query. So I guess that's where it comes from.
Here's what I wanted to describe earlier:
python_datasource.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors