Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

adeptus2008
Frequent Visitor

Data storage in Power BI workspaces

Hi! I'm Pro license user.
Please, help me to understand better, this information from docs: 

Shared capacity limits

For workspaces in shared capacity:

• There is a per-workspace storage limit of 100 GB.
  • For app workspaces, the total usage can’t exceed the tenant storage limit of 10 GB multiplied by the number of Pro licenses in the tenant.

If I have understood correctly, it's about Pro license? If yes - how to get 100GB of storage for my workspace? Because, according to last updates - incremental refresh is now available for Pro users and I want create small dataset (less than 1GB), сonfigure for it incremental refresh, upload it to the cloud and then this dataset will increase up to 10GB or even more thanks to incremental refresh.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @adeptus2008 ,

The 10Gb you showed is the capacity of per workspace for per Pro user,which is a personal storage,not a total workspace storage.And the total storage for per workspace is not shown in your personal account.

I hope this would make sense.

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @adeptus2008 ,

No need to get the storage,it has been already assigned in shared capacity,100GB is a limitation of the maximum storage for each workspace in  a shared capacity.

Best Regards,
Kelly

Hi @v-kelly-msft!
Thank you for answer! So, my dataset has posibility to be increased more than 10GB in my workspace with help of incremental refresh? But why I only see 10 GB limit? Or I don't understand conception of the shared capacity right?
img.PNG

Hi @adeptus2008 ,

The 10Gb you showed is the capacity of per workspace for per Pro user,which is a personal storage,not a total workspace storage.And the total storage for per workspace is not shown in your personal account.

I hope this would make sense.

Best Regards,
Kelly

Hello 🙂

I have some questions regarding this topic.

1)Is there a way to see the total share space?

2) Is it any central management of that storage eg an Admin user?

3) In order to configure a shared storage should I make an app-workspace? Is there any limit to that regarding the number of pro users?

Thank you in advance.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Well if it is accurate and not a typo that seems new to me, workspaces were always 10GB max. Will have to investigate.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors