Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AnthonyB
Advocate I
Advocate I

Data source error: Report structure hash stored in salesforceDataSet

I have a number of Salesforce reports as data sources for a Power BI dataset and it has been running successfully on a scheduled refresh for 6+ months

Recently the refresh started to fail and I'm not sure how I go about determining the source (e.g. a specific report?) of the issue from the error message.

The error message is:

Data source error: Report structure hash stored in salesforceDataSet: 4BA3632CA28D2776012205BFBCE9E544 doesn't match report structure received from Salesforce: 944629AEEAC0692910AC521B7769C2E9. CPEX[|{"ErrorCode":"UnknownError","ExceptionCulprit":0,"IsPermanent":false,"Message":"Report structure hash stored in salesforceDataSet: 4BA3632CA28D2776012205BFBCE9E544 doesn't match report structure received from Salesforce: 944629AEEAC0692910AC521B7769C2E9"}|]. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.

Cluster URI: WABI-WEST-US-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Activity ID: a36c15d7-2159-42a0-b71d-b51cc281f111
Request ID: 09d33486-df86-6c4a-2984-b5df8d16f91b
Time: 2019-11-13 01:41:37Z
Show On demand 11/13/2019, 12:18:44 PM 11/13/2019, 12:26:57 PM Failed There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
ReportMaster
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @AnthonyB

I know this reply is very late lol, but were you able to find a solution? I've used the Salesforce connector but I had some issues updating my data too. Maybe you can try to test your connection with a 3rd party connector. I've tried windsor.ai, supermetrics (which doesn't have PBI as a destination, so you first have to export to Google Sheets and then export to PBI) and funnel.io. I stayed with windsor because it is much cheaper so just to let you know other options. In case you wonder, to make the connection first search for the Salesforce connector in the data sources list:

ReportMaster_0-1705437512549.png

After that, just grant access to your Salesforce account using your credentials, then on preview and destination page you will see a preview of your Salesforce fields:

ReportMaster_1-1705437512558.png

There just select the fields you need. It is also compatible with custom fields and custom objects, so you'll be able to export them through windsor.  Finally, just select PBI as your data destination and finally just copy and paste the url on PBI --> Get Data --> Web --> Paste the url. 

ReportMaster_2-1705437533808.png

v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi @AnthonyB 

You may try to download the pbix file and refresh it in power bi desktop see if there is something wrong in power bi desktop and check the error in power bi desktop and edit queries.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-lili6-msft for your response.

This might be a stupid question, but how do I download a .pbix file from the dataset (and associated Report and Dashboard) that I've built in the Power BI service on the web? I didn't think this was possible?

Actually, now that I think more on this, it may not help me much as one of the limitations of PBI Desktop is that it ignores formulas in the Salesforce report (the PBI service doesn't ignore them) and the formulas are what most of my reports rely on.

Just reiterating that I don't see an option to download this as a .pbix given it was created in the PBI web service, not from PBI Desktop and published (I do see it with other datasets that I built and published from PBI Desktop).

I do have to say that right now, frustratingly, Microsoft has actually made it impossible for me to use Power BI as a visualzation tool for my org's Salesforce data between:

* PBI Desktop can only return 10,000 reports (my org has over 20,000)

* PBI Desktop doesn't import or handle formulas or groupings in SFDC reports

* PBI service has moved to 'app' model and the Salesforce Reports service has simply disappeared

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors