cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danzrust Member

Data source error: Not a legal OleAut date.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface.

Guys,

I am getting in the online service:

Last refresh failed: Sun Dec 02 2018 18:53:02 GMT+0100 (Central European Standard Time) 
There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.
Hide details

Data source error:Not a legal OleAut date.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface. Table: NHTSA Complaints & Sales.
Cluster URI:WABI-EUROPE-NORTH-B-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:b83dbb26-f4a8-4ef4-bb2e-f4c2357e0950
Request ID:ecde4e07-5fea-6cd0-d13a-31a5e592a602
Time:2018-12-02 17:53:02Z

My dates are completely fine. WTF?

No errors in PowerBI for Desktop. Why is it always so difficult to use Microsoft products?

DZ

2 REPLIES 2
Ross73312 Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Data source error: Not a legal OleAut date.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interfa

I'd get a data dump of the most recent information between the 2 refresh times and have a good look at the dates.  I know you have suggested it works fine in the desktop version.  Some users just use the Preview Data in the Edit Queries and think everything is ok.  Other users will do a full refresh and its possible there is a difference between the Desktop and Online mashup engines.

Without knowing the data, its pretty difficult to assess what is happening here, but if this has refreshed fine in the past, then the answer will lie within the new data.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Data source error: Not a legal OleAut date.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interfa

Hi @danzrust

this error means that somewhere in the program is attempting to convert to or from an OLE Automation Date outside the valid range 1-January-4713 BC to 31-December-9999 AD. It might have slipped through because OLE Automation Dates are represented as a double.

Do you connect to data sources with Gateway and configure schedule refresh correctly?

If so, please check the actual date values in your table,

Is there any date value before 1/1/1900 or value like 0033, 0034 in one of the date fields in the table?

If it is, please correct that.

If all above don't help, please refer to some similar threads to get some ideas.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Integrations-with-Files-and/Not-a-legal-OleAut-date/td-p/9615

Best Reagrds

Maggie

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Topics Started Badges Coming

New Topics Started Badges Coming

We're releasing new versions of the badge that everyone's talking about. ;) Check your inbox for notifications.

MBAS 2020

Save the new date (and location)!

Our business applications community is growing—so we needed a different venue, resulting in a new date and location. See you there!

Difinity Conference

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)