Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Vinit
Frequent Visitor

Data source credentials showing Failed to test the connection

Hello all,

I get data source credentials showing Failed to test the connection, 

Vinit_0-1669186796757.pngVinit_1-1669186887091.png

The report is generated in Directquery Mode from power bi desktop. Get data from postgresql, put server link, database name, sql query and table is generate. from that, report is create. after publishing into power bi service. Data source credentials showing Failed to test the connection having same login id, server, database name, user name and Password.

How to fix this error.

Let me know any furthur detail required,

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Vinit ,

You can remove the failing data sources in data source setting.

We have had users with similar experiences to yours in the past, you can refer to this post below to see how they solved it.

Solved: Failed to test the connection to your data source.... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft 

I applied your suggestion and the link that you share. These are mostly 3 types,

1) Remove the failing data sources in the data source setting

2) Edit permission - Edit Credential then close and apply

3) Clear all permission from data source setting and recreate with new credentials.

Right now, I only have one data source connection and which works fine (not failing) in power bi desktop. I also made a report. as I publish it into service. I got this message of connection error. also I put same credentials as of power bi desktop. I also did above 3 steps, Edit permission and check, it didn't work and then Clear all permission, recreate with new credentials but it shows same message I send in question. and I am using Postgresql databse connection 

Vinit_0-1669375361634.png

Please Let me know any details required,

and If you have ay alternative solution please do share.

Thanks,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors