Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

danjp
Frequent Visitor

Data source credentials greyed out

I am a new user currently on a Pro Trial license.

I have developed some reports using an OData feed for a cloud based Dynamics 365 platform eg 

Source = OData.Feed("https://XXXXX.api.crm6.dynamics.com/api/data/v8.2/"),

I am unable to schedule a refresh in the service or even enter any credentials as the Data source credentials section of the Datasets settings page is greyed out. Is this because I'm still on a trial license?

Many thanks

data source.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
danjp
Frequent Visitor

Hi @bajee,

Thanks for your reply. I appear to be able to refresh the reports manually when I am viewing them in the service using the "Refresh" button. I'm authenticated when working in the Power BI Desktop using my windows credentials but need to be able to configure a generic account in the service. 
I have uploaded multiple reports (with different Datasets) all using the same endpoint, and it appears that the first report I upload will allow me to enter credentials. I don't understand why it is only available in one Dataset and not all. 

I haven't installed a Gateway because I don't believe I need one.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

I deleted an old dash and replaced with a new & I can no longer select an auto refresh no matter what I do!
~Screenshots attached~

Goal: trying to setup scheduled refresh after uploading second report to the online service. Steps I took:

- I checked via the File > options and settings > Data source settings. I tried logging in with diff user & back to deteting all other data sources but was orignally there--cause I saw a list and removed them between Data source in current file and Global Permissions

- interesting to note. I am not able to delete that Apple Support web source no what I do.

- Checking the Format (middle section in the desktop where you edit borders etc) where supposively you can - also manage refresh in some capacity I can't see that option either..

- None of this File > options & settings > options > Preview features > refresh options that don't exist

- Nor checking AnywheRe in Service (on the web)...

I do not beleive this has anything to do with installing a Gateway Connection as I did not have to do this the first time. 

What on earth do I have to do to setup refresh again on my latest Report in Service??-- All the others are deleted. and the Default service dashboad (Compliance) I even tried disabling refresh in settings to see if it was tied or something... Nada!

Data Source Settings.png

Out of ideas and nothing on the web is pointing to an answer. 

Creds greyed out.png

UPDATE!!!

So after updating a new report (well an older existing report with no other data sources but the 1 odata feed) I saw that 1 of the data sources in the settings from on the last prior dashboard StuPidly won't remove even after I had selected Clear ALL Permissions from teh down arrow. Now am I able to remove this in another unconventional way? Query editor or something?

Thanks!

UPDATE UPDATE:

Deleting from the edit query any remenents of data tables you created I think did in removing recently added web content and tables.

bajee
Resolver III
Resolver III

@danjp,

How your refrshing data.

Did you install any Gateway to refresh the data?

Regards,

Bajee,

danjp
Frequent Visitor

Hi @bajee,

Thanks for your reply. I appear to be able to refresh the reports manually when I am viewing them in the service using the "Refresh" button. I'm authenticated when working in the Power BI Desktop using my windows credentials but need to be able to configure a generic account in the service. 
I have uploaded multiple reports (with different Datasets) all using the same endpoint, and it appears that the first report I upload will allow me to enter credentials. I don't understand why it is only available in one Dataset and not all. 

I haven't installed a Gateway because I don't believe I need one.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors