Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Workener
Frequent Visitor

Data source credentials fails with multiple sources

Hello,

I have created a Report within the PowerBI desktop with three odata sources (1 SharePoint List, 2 Tables from Project Online). The report does not use functions or parameters, just some calculated columns and agrouping/summarizing within the query editor. In the desktop it refreshes perfectly, but after I upload the report to the web, the data credentials are failing to connect to the 3 sources. If I re-enter the credentials (oauth2) for the first connection it refreshes, but the two other fail, even if I use the exaclty the same credentials.

The following message appears:

02-08-_2017_14-02-04.jpg

I do have the latest version of the powerbi client. Do you have any advice, how to solve this problem? Are some features (e.g. grouping/summarizing in query editor) not available within the web? Is it not possible to connect to multiple data sources with PowerBI free?

Any help is appreceated. Thanks in advance.

Julian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

I opened a ticket at Microsoft. It was a temporary problem of the tenant, so everything was setup in the right way.

Thanks anyway!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Workener,

As far as I know, there is no restrictions on connecting to resource. Could you please check the following.

1. Do you mean Project online is Microsoft Project online?

2. There should be two credentials like this.

Data source credentials fails with multiple sources1.jpg

3. How about changing the authentication method?

4. Did you use a function to fetch the data from Project Online? or Odata?Data source credentials fails with multiple sources2.jpg

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Dale,

1. I mean Project Online OData api.

2. There are 3 credentials (the first one for the SharePoint list works fine, the other two throw the error message above):

03-08-_2017_14-51-33.jpg

3. I tried to login with other authentification methods, but cannot get access. It is not a security problem within Project Online because I can enter the odata feed within the browser without troubles.

4. I do not use any functions, just some statements in the query editor (like grouping):

03-08-_2017_14-56-26.jpg

In the meantime I assigned myself a Pro license - same problem again, but I was able to narrow it down a little bit further.

Seems like I have a general problem to connect to Project Online Odata datasources within this tenant. I did create some demo reports and are facing the same issue. If I connect to a different tenant, the connection works properly. The security settings from the data sources are exactly the same, also the security within Project Online.

Can this be related to a central O365 setting of the tenant?

Any further advice?

Best regards,

Julian

Hi @Workener,

I think you are right. It seems the problem is caused by authorization (different tenants). 

1. Which way did you use to authenticate the connection? It's Organization account in this document.

2. Could you please try to connect to Project online with a content pack in the Service as a test? Reference: powerbi-content-pack-project-online.

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

I opened a ticket at Microsoft. It was a temporary problem of the tenant, so everything was setup in the right way.

Thanks anyway!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors