Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

francino
Frequent Visitor

Data source can't be refreshed because the credentials are invalid

I have seen a bunch of messages on this topic, but none have seemed to address my situation...at least that I have found.

I am trying to set up a refresh for a Python based report using a On-premise gateway(personal) and am stuck because I cannot get past this error:

francino_0-1638566248895.png

The only option I have for the credentials is WindowsWithoutImpersonation and I have the privacy set to Public...both in the service and also in the report on my desktop.  My Personal Gateway is running and is installed on the same machine that the Python instance that is driving the report is on.

Thank you in advance for any help that you may be able to provide!

4 REPLIES 4
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @francino ,

Has your problem been solved? If it is solved, you can mark the correct answer. If not, you can provide more detailed information and we can better help you.

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @francino ,

The only task remaining to ensure that we can kick off this Python script on PowerBI.com is to install a Power BI Data Gateway in Personal Mode. This is extremely important as Python scripts can only be run on Power BI Service through the use of a personal gateway at the moment. To download and configure the gateway, follow this documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-personal-mode.

With that taken care of, all I have to do is kick off a refresh of my dataset containing the Python script! You might get a one-time error asking you to provide credentials for the Python script data source. Simply clicking the sign-in button alleviates the issue.

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @francino ,

You can try the following

1. Check whether the power bi desktop and gateway are the latest version, if not, you can update to the latest version, upload the pbix file again, restart and log in to the PowerBI service with new credentials

2. The usernames and passwords that you used to sign in to data sources aren't up to date. In Power BI, go to refresh settings for the dataset. In Manage Data Sources, select Edit credentials to update the credentials for the data source.

3. Ensure gateway service is on and running.

4. Tried resetting saved credentials

5. Please clear your browser history, cache and cookies to start over.

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

Thank you for the ideas, but they didn't work.  I get the same results.  I am open to any other ideas, but will keep trying.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors