Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

desertislesql
Helper III
Helper III

Data source access error. Plase contact the gateway administrator

I have set up an On premise gateway on a server for SQL Server 2016 Developer Edition.  The gateways says it is successfully connected to the live connect tabular model on SQL Server 2016 Developer Edition.  When I try to get a report to use this data source, I get the error Data source access error. Plase contact the gateway administrator.  I have not been able to resolve this error.  could it be that you are not allowed to create a live connection to a Tabular model running on SQL Server 2016 Developer Edition?

Any help would be appreciated.

--Ginger

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@desertislesql

I just tested with SSAS 2016 Dev Edition SSAS Tabular. There's no problem connecting via On Premise Gateway and get data from this source. Since you can connect successfully in Gateway, it should not be a permission issue. Please go to the dataset setting. Make sure you select a valid, online gateway.

5.PNG

Regards,

@desertislesql I've not read anything that makes me think that...

I've seen that error if the user doesn't have perms for the datasource on the OPD Gateway. Is the user deploying the report a valid user on the datasource that was set up in the gateway?

If it was an invalid source due to edition, I would assume a different error would be returned...

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors