Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Skotland Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Data showing in desktop, but not on server

Hi all!

I have a really weird problem going on. For one of my widgets the data is showing completely fine in Desktop, but when publishing to server it just dissappear. 

Anyone faced this issue before? First time happening.

Online.PNG

Desktop.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Skotland Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Data showing in desktop, but not on server

I've also cleared cache, and tried with multiple different browsers.

u02cm62
Advisor

where is your data?  If it's on premise on your network, this is normal.  You would need a Power BI Gateway to go back on premise.  If this is out in the cloud, then that's a different story.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Skotland ,

Did only few visuals show only (Blank) or empty space or all the visuals in Power BI Service have the same blank or empty issue?

If just few visuals have this issue, it maybe the scenario: Power BI Service is treating/displaying Boolean values differently to the Power BI desktop. Desktop client shows Booleans as FALSE and TRUE but online it's displaying them as 0 and 1. So it is an issue having submit ,please vote the issue link https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Visualization-BLANK-after-refreshing-page-in-Power-BI-servic..., to improve the Power BI.

We also submitted this feedback to the product group internally, so that the product group can pay attention to this problem and speed up the issue repairing.

To work around this issue, you can switch it to 'text' data type, or replace TRUE with 1 and replace FALSE with 0 when using Boolean values.

Please try to update the Power BI desktop version to the latest version 2.71.5523.941 and republish the report to see if issue persists.

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi  ,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark the proper reply as a solution to help others having the similar issue and close the case. If not, let me know and I'll try to help you further.

Best regards

Amy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 87 members 1,346 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: