Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PBInewbie21
Helper II
Helper II

Data set with sql server and sharepoint online and .htm file from Appserver

Hi,

One more hair pulling problem - 

I created a report with 3 sources 1) sql server 2) an excel file from Sharepoint Online 3) scrapped data from .htm file which lives on Appserver.

PBInewbie21_1-1611625089131.png

I'm getting below error when I hit refresh button.

Data source error:Scheduled refresh is disabled because at least one data source is missing credentials. To start the refresh again, go to this dataset's settings page and enter credentials for all data sources. Then reactivate scheduled refresh.

I found couple existing posts which suggests to select 'Allow user's custom data connectors to refresh through this gateway cluster (preview).' which is on. I logged out and waited a bit before refresh but same error.

PBInewbie21_0-1611624739896.png

What am I possibly missing here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

your appserver is on the intranet ("on-prem") and therefore requires a gateway connection.  Click the "Add to gateway" link.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

yes, looks correct. Technically you should be able to ignore it as it doesn't need a gateway.

Maybe try a different browser or less restrictive ad blocker.

Scheduled refresh was grayed out yday but this morning it was open so I could schedule the refresh. Adding the gateway for Appserver was the solution. Thanks! 

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

your appserver is on the intranet ("on-prem") and therefore requires a gateway connection.  Click the "Add to gateway" link.

Thanks so much for your help! I was able to create gateway for Appserver. Now stuck with Sharepoint Online. It is keep showing Edit Credentials and I think I'm doing correct steps now.

PBInewbie21_1-1611708976373.png

PBInewbie21_0-1611708783334.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors