Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LAndris
Helper I
Helper I

Data refreshes for multiple domains with one gateway

Hello,

I was wondering if it would be possible to refresh datasets for multiple clients on separate Power BI domains through a single gateway on the same virtual machine. From what I have seen, it seems that you are required to have a separate gateway for each domain in order for power bi to automatically refresh the dataset, which would require the creation of multiple gateways on separate virtual machines as the gateway appears to not be able to have multiple instances on the same virtual machine.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Louis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

For different tenants, you would definitely need different gateways yes.
I'm not sure if it matters where they are placed, you just have to login with the right account from tenant A or B when setting up the gateway after installation.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @LAndris,

Just to clarify:
With multiple domains, do you mean AD domains inside a tenant, or different Power BI tenants?

I mean different Power Bi tenants for instance email@clientA.com and email@clientB.com would have their own separate Power Bi instances.

nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

For different tenants, you would definitely need different gateways yes.
I'm not sure if it matters where they are placed, you just have to login with the right account from tenant A or B when setting up the gateway after installation.

That is what I thought, seems like there would be a way to not have to create a new virutal machine to house their own gateway for every new client.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors