Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kendash
Advocate I
Advocate I

Data refresh of Google Analytics data in PowerBI online

We are using data from Google Analytics in PowerBI. We prepare dashboards in PowerBI desktop and publish them into online interface. However, when we try to refresh some of our data sets, we get an error "The credentials provided for the GoogleAnalytics source are invalid. (Source at GoogleAnalytics.)"

The thing is that those are the same credentials as we used for getting data in PowerBI desktop and they worked fine. However, in online interface, we get this error. Moreover, for other datasets, which we published online and which are built on Google Analytics data, with the same credentials, data refresh works fine.

We have two hypothesis, why it might not work:

1. Some datasets does not work, when we used merging queries feature in PowerBI desktop for the creation of dashboards (we merged two queries). However, when we tested it with another dataset, it worked.

2. Some datasets does not work, when we used calculated columns feature in PowerBI desktop (merging columns using formulas). However, when we tested it with another dataset, it worked.

Do you any suggestions, what is the reason?

26 REPLIES 26
ctuyl

I have the same issue here

I'm experiencing the same problem here. Has anyone opened a ticket on this? I subscribe to PowerBI Pro but the method for opening a ticket described here doesn't exist anymore?

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/how-to-create-a-service-request-to-contact-power-bi-support...

RhysJackson
Regular Visitor

Did you ever find a solution to this issue? I'm having the same problem and haven't got much further with debugging. For what it's worth, i'm also using merged queries and calculated columns in the datasets that fail to refresh.

I'm also having this issue and would like to hear of any solution. I am assuming that it relates to the data modeling work done in Power BI Desktop, because a sample Google Analytics dashboard (pure defaults) refreshes without an error.

Louis

Tony
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here.

Any suggestions or idea? 

StevenLee
Regular Visitor

I'm having the same issue, last scheduled refresh was done on last Saturday.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors