Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data refresh in PowerBI Service from Desktop using Gateway

Hello,

I prepared a report in PowerBI Desktop using two data sources:

• my company's internal server (not my computer) - csv files, refreshing automatically every day
  • on of my mailbox folders (email body, xml) - received once a month

Report is finished now and I would like to share it to specified group of people, so I published it to PowerBI Service. I set up proper datasets using personal gateway (downloaded from PowerBI Service) using my Windows account credentials. Sometimes it shows that the connection is all ok, and sometimes it gives an error "Invalid connection credentials.".

What can I do to have this report available for other people to see it with daily refreshed dataset (either automatically or manually)? How should I set up the gateway - maybe I should not use personal gateway but on-premise one?

I will appreciate any help, thank you in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Did you install your personal gateway on your laptop? It is always recommended to install a gateway on a good connection machine. BTW, please check whether the credentials have been updated or not and update them accrodingly.

For more details, please check the online document.https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-onprem-tshoot

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Yes, I have installed gateway on my laptop and it works ok.

I moved data from email body to separate file and placed in other server and now it all works perfectly fine, I guess there is no option in PowerBI Service to set automatic refresh for Microsoft Exchange data source.

Thanks & regards!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors