Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data refresh errors

Hello all

Apologies if this is a duplicate post, but I am experiencing an error during scheduled and manual refreshes in the Power BI service.

My report uses Google Analaytics and 1 (28Mb) spreadsheet (with multiple data tables in it) as it sources.

Suddenly my scheduled refresh has failed to work and it quotes the following error:

Snippet.PNG

The name of the table varies every time.

I've searched here and it seems that no-one has found an answer. I've tried re-publishing under a different name, or with a copy of the spreadsheet to no avail.

I've asked my IT team if there is any throttling of data from the file location and they have said no, so I am completely stumped as to why this would suddenly stop working.

It works absolutely fine in Desktop, and refreshes consistently without any errors.

Does anyone have any help or advice to help me remedy this?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Daniel

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I try to use your request id to trace detailed logs but I haven't found clear error message about your issue.  I think it may related to your datasource, is there any changes apply on your datasource side? 

In addition, have you apply any advanced operation in query table?(combine,merge, invoke custom function, reference other query)

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-shex-msft 

Thanks for your response and for looking through the error log.

The only change I made to the data source was to add another standard table in Excel, but there was nothing strange about that to my knowledge (i.e. it was a standard Excel spreadsheet with manually typed data into it)

I have not invoked any advanced operations to my knowledge, although my queries are linked.

I'd upload the PBIX but its deemed commercially sensitive so I'm not allowed!

I've read about throttling data when using Sharepoint as a source, could this possibly be the cause?

Daniel

HI @Anonymous ,

Where are your excel stored? local or online?(sharepoint/onedrive)  If you mean online files and get data with web connector, it may managed by onedrive refresh(updated per hour) and not triggered by scheduler refresh.

In addition, you can also submit a support ticket for better support.(I can't find clear caused of your issue in error message)

submit a support ticketsubmit a support ticket

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-shex-msft 

The source document is stored in a Sharepoint document library. I don't use OneDrive for storing this.

I do use the web connector to link Power BI to the dataset, but never had issues with it before.

I'll get a ticket logged, but feel free to message here if you find anything 🙂

Daniel

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors