Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data refresh error:The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface

Hi,

Recently i've been running into this issue where I am unable to schedule refresh or refresh my data from the Power BI online client.

My dashboards are connected to SQL and it has worked before. However now I keep getting the error message below when trying to refresh:

Last refresh failed: Tue Aug 14 2018 08:33:06 GMT+0800 (Singapore Standard Time) 
There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.
Hide details

Data source error:The command has been canceled.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.
Cluster URI:WABI-WEST-US-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:9712ab71-9fbe-4939-b630-2b57c28fd182
Request ID:fe788762-9ff6-484c-44ea-eedc6228eec1
Time:2018-08-14 00:33:06Z

my gateway is an on premise data gateway (not personal) version number: 14.16.6697 (May 2018).

can anyone highlight what this EDbCommand interface actually does and why is there an exception raised by this module?

Much thanks

4 REPLIES 4
desosav
Regular Visitor

consider disabling "fuzzy matching" when merging querries.

It appears that fuzzy matching is not compatible with refresh scheduling.

Disabling this feature will most probably result into fewer matches, so consider transforming your data/queries accordingly.

desosav_1-1645013136801.png

I am not sure why this is happening. I too had this issue with multiple reports published in Premium capacity workspace and disabling fuzzy matching did the trick.

Hope this helps.

smiglo
Frequent Visitor

Hi, 

I actually had the same case today. In my scenario removing filtering from KPI tile and from table resolved issue. Measure causing the problem was pretty simple build on direct query fact in the model. 

li783

It is worth to check all your data queries are using the same format of setup especially using SQL as Data Source.

A max up setup will cause the exception of IDbCommand interface.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/SCHEDULED-REFRESH-ERROR/m-p/724799#M10744

Hope this could solve your problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

From what I understand it is this:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.data.idbcommand(v=vs.110).aspx

or something similar at least.

I'd suggest using Power BI desktop and doing a manual refresh of the data model yourself.  You should get a more detail explaination through there.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors