Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tilldunk
Frequent Visitor

Data refresh by Azure Table Storage

Hello,

I got a Power BI desktop file which is connected to an Azure Table Storage. The manual data refresh of that local desktop file works perfectly fine. I now published it to Power BI.

According to my understanding the reports / dashboard should now refresh automatically (without any gateway) in the online application, see https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Integrations-with-Files-and/Automatic-refresh-Azure-table-storage/t... "thirdly". Neither it does when I set up a scheduled refresh nor when I click "refresh now". 

The only way I can generate updated reports in the online app is to refresh manually in Power BI Desktop and then publish again.

Do I miss anything (due to the fact that I am pretty new to Power BI, especially the online app)?

Any help will be highly appreciated, 

Till

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@tilldunk If it doesn't say you need a gateway on the dataset when you schedule the refresh then you don't need one. (And shouldn't in this case). Be aware though that while you schedule a refresh for a certain time, the refresh doesn't happen immediately at that time. MSFT has stated that it will likely be within that hour, but it isn't like it will kick off immediately. Maybe wait a bit and check? The other thing is if you are refreshing multiple times, you will hit the 8x per day, and it won't refresh again.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@tilldunk If it doesn't say you need a gateway on the dataset when you schedule the refresh then you don't need one. (And shouldn't in this case). Be aware though that while you schedule a refresh for a certain time, the refresh doesn't happen immediately at that time. MSFT has stated that it will likely be within that hour, but it isn't like it will kick off immediately. Maybe wait a bit and check? The other thing is if you are refreshing multiple times, you will hit the 8x per day, and it won't refresh again.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors