Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data out of sync btw Desktop/Service

Hi,

I created a report (DirectQuery) in desktop and published it to a workspace on teh Power BI service. Regular cache refreshes are happening without error but the data is not being updated. There are times when the data stays in sync but will then randomly become out of sync (usually overnight). Again, there are no errors in the cache refresh log but clearly the cache is not being refreshed.

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous 

DirectQuery has live data which is the most current data. However, in order for your visual to update with the current data you'll still need query the source, ie, choose REFRESH button. 

and here is similar post for you refer to:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Is-DirectQuery-Real-Time-or-Needs-Refresh/td-p/663795

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lin,

Thanks for the reply.

I do understand about the refresh. Here's what is happening in more detail.

I created the report with PBI Desktop and published it to My Workspace on the Service. After some time, however, the numbers on the Service are different than the numbers on the Desktop version. (same data source and credentials) Refreshing does not change anything. If I republish, the Service will match again for some time but eventually become out of sync, and I think "stuck", with its data, never changing. The auto refresh cache is on and makes no difference. It says it has refreshed cache and no errors are sent to my email.

Any help appreciated.

Wendy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors