Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Furanity
Helper I
Helper I

Data not shown in visualization

Hi all,

I have a strange issue that I can't seem to figure out. Please see the following Image:

Image1.png

As you can see, I have a slicer. Based on the option I choose, the (clustered column) chart on the top-right is presented. If I click/select the black option in the visualization, you can see how it splits up in the bottom table visualization. So far so good.

Now, if I change the table visualization to a clustered column visualization (and nothing else), I get this:

Image2.png

So, as you can see, values just drop out of the visualization. The yellow section should be around 3300, but it just shows zero. I have the same issue with other graphical visualizations (Pie chart, Funnel, for example). The tables work, the Area Chart works, so it's not like the data isn't there.

Any suggestions on what might be wrong? Is there some kind of bug, or is it me?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Furanity
Helper I
Helper I

Hi Matt,

If I show the data, the number is there, but it's not visualized (3446 in the data, 0 in the chart):

Image03.png

Hi @Furanity,

According to your description, I have tested it on my side, and I can't reproduce this issue. Could you share a sample pbix file which can reproduce this issue? You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.Smiley Happy

Regards

Hi,

I'm not sure how I can share my PBIX, since I use DirectQuery (on an on premises SQL via my Gateway) and not an import. I can't share my report, since you're outside my organization and sending you the PBIX would probably not work.

If I use Import Mode by the way, the numbers do add up, so it seems to be tied to the DIrectQuery Mode.

Regards 

Hi @Furanity,

That's a little weird. I just tested it with DirectQuery(on my on-premises SQL via my Gateway too), however, I still can't reproduce this issue.

r1.PNG

In this scenario, I would suggest you to send a frown and report it as Matt mentioned above.Smiley Happy

Regards

Well it seems like a bug then I guess. You can send a frown and report it

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

What happens when you click on see data from the visual?

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors