Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Michael_Berry
Regular Visitor

Data not refreshing using OData feed

I have created a report using an OData feed from Bromcom, a school Management Information System, from a Pro account.

When I initially began working on the data, all data was present as expected. However, when I refresh the data in Power BI Desktop or a scheduled refresh in the Power BI Service, the latest data does not come through.

I have checked and specific rows that should be present are not, therfore it is not an issue with any of my measures or calculated columns. The refreshes are successful according to Power BI Service and it does not return an error when I refresh from Power BI Desktop.

Bits and pieces have come through at different times, but there does not to seem to be a consistent time delay or quantity of data that comes through at any particular time. Is there any reason not all data would pull through? There is less than 100MB of data to be loaded in total, so I shouldn't be near the limit. 

Is there any reason that data would not come through from the source from the Power BI end?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The matter has now been resolved, thanks. It was an issue with the data feed on the MIS side rather than with Power BI.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
NikhilChenna
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @Michael_Berry ,

please check this links, this will help to solve your issue.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/refresh-troubleshooting-refresh-scenarios

Regards,

Nikhil Chenna

Appreciate with a Kudos!! (Click the Thumbs Up Button)
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

The matter has now been resolved, thanks. It was an issue with the data feed on the MIS side rather than with Power BI.

Hi.

I've checked through this documentation and none of the options seem to be what I need. The refresh itself is not failing in either Power BI Desktop or with a scheduled refresh, but the latest data is missing.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors