Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data not refreshing in real-time with Incremental refreshes (Detect data changes)

I've published a report to Power BI service with incremental refresh and turned on the "Get the latest data in real time with direct query" option with the following setting. 

Kavish_Ahuja_0-1648810640533.png

However, after publishing it to PBI Service the data doesn't change in real time. Can someone please guide me if I'm missing something?

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for your response!

So to test it out, I imported a table from sql in directquery mode and then changed the setting to 'dual' mode. When I selected the table and clicked on Incremental refresh, I get this pop-up

Kavish_Ahuja_0-1648823783608.png

When I change it back to 'import mode' then the option of 'auto page refresh goes away' but I get to set up incremental refreshes. Can you please suggest what can be done in that case?

Have you followed the full guyinacube video? Once you make the table Hybrid (the realtime premium stuff) I think the option should be available after that.

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. In my opinion it was never real time. It's near real time. When you connect hybrid tables the last refresh is "Direct Query", but even direct query has a time and a cache to validate before showing data that might take 15 mins maxiumn to show up. Besides all that it's pretty fast, you might be missing a Page Refresh option on the report.

Check this video. Minute 7 will talk about the refresh. It also specify about turning on an option to reflect the change in the report without manual F5 to browser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HckuKYlx8kk

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

so basically, I'll have to fetch the tables from sql in direct query mode, then go to model view and set the tables to 'dual' mode under advanced options, then do little bit of transformations in power query while making sure that query folding is working. 

My question is, and this is cause I've never tried it, will I be able to set incremental refresh for a table that has been set to 'dual' mode. I know that we can't set it for tables in 'directquery' mode, but quite unsure about the 'dual' mode. 

Kind of, yes. You can get a better understanding with the following post:

https://shabnamwatson.wpcomstaging.com/2022/03/30/power-bi-table-storage-modes-and-model-types/

I hope that helps,

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors