Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ArdentBi
Regular Visitor

Data missing between Desktop and Online / Publish to web

Having upgraded to Pro I am now finding I cannot publish anything without the data going awol a few moments later online.

The visuals are there but nothing in them.

If I re publish from Desktop the error is resolved for a short time, then the data disappears again.

I am using Dynamics Nav and CRM On Premise with the enterprise connector. Any help would be much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArdentBi
Regular Visitor

I have now discovered the solution to above. My password had changed, I knew to update it on the connector, however it is also necessary to change your password with the gateway settings.Bi.jpg

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
indhu
Helper III
Helper III

Hi all,

I ended up with the same issue. I am not using any gateway nor any of filters involves boolean values(as mentioned in some other thread). 

My report changes when published online after some time but then the desktop version remains the same.

Any idea how to resolve?

Thanks,

Indhu.

ArdentBi
Regular Visitor

I have now discovered the solution to above. My password had changed, I knew to update it on the connector, however it is also necessary to change your password with the gateway settings.Bi.jpg

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi ArdentBi,

According to your description, you create a report to display data from CRM on-premise, and publish the report to Power BI Service, right?

As you are connecting to CRM on-premise, you need to configure the dataset to use data gateway to retrieve data on Power BI Service. In your scenario, please check if you have set data gateway and add Odata data source under this gateway.

Steps to add OData datasource:

Setting -> Manage gateways

Capture4.PNG

Add Data Source.

Capture5.PNG

If you already finish this operations before, you can check this dataset’s gateway connection settings.

Capture6.PNG

If above is not help, please provide more detail information about your issue and feel free to let me know.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
CahabaData
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

this is a shot-in-the-dark, only that I had somewhat of a similar experience with maps.....and it turned out to be Edge (I think...).  I discovered this by accident when turning off/on a PC - and then everything rendered OK with the newer data set info......    

www.CahabaData.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors