Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rajulshah
Super User
Super User

Data limit for Azure Power BI Embedded Capacity

Hello, 

I have several questions to which I tried to find the answers but wasn't successful. Below are my questions:

1. Just as Premium Capacity increases the data limit to 100TB, does Azure Power BI Embedded also increases data limit to 100TB?
  2. Does Azure Embedded capacity increases the default Dataset capacity of 1GB to 10GB as it does for premium?
  3. If a workspace is assigned to Azure Power BI Embedded Capacity, will it be counted in 10 GB data limit of the workspace?
  4. Suppose UserA and UserB have Pro accounts. Workspace 1 is shared between UserA & UserB.
    and the scenario is as follows:Capacity scenario.png

Here, UserA has reached data limit of 10 GB per user, but UserB hasn't. What if UserB adds more data of 3GB to Workspace 1? Please explain.

5. Will the data limit of Dataflow increases if the workspace is assigned to Azure Power BI Embedded Capacity?

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @rajulshah ,

As per my findings, the size of the dataset in the workspace that is backed by the capacity is increased to 10 GB from 1GB.

There is a good blog which has got answers to all of your questions, please visit - https://www.inkeysolutions.com/blogs/power-bi-size-limits-to-consider-while-choosing-the-right-capac...

Hope, this helps!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @rajulshah ,

>>Just as Premium Capacity increases the data limit to 100TB, does Azure Power BI Embedded also increases data limit to 100TB?

The resources and limits of each Premium SKU equals A SKU.

>>Does Azure Embedded capacity increases the default Dataset capacity of 1GB to 10GB as it does for premium?

The limit will be same.

>>If a workspace is assigned to Azure Power BI Embedded Capacity, will it be counted in 10 GB data limit of the workspace?

It will use the storage of Embedded Capacity.

>>Suppose UserA and UserB have Pro accounts. Workspace 1 is shared between UserA & UserB.

The limitation is for workspace, if the workspace has only 10GB limitation, we cannot add more data to it.

Best Regards,

Teige

Hello @TeigeGao ,

Thank you for the response. But I still have few queries. It would be great if you can help.

>> Does Azure Embedded capacity increases the default Dataset Capacity of 1GB to 10GB as it does for Premium?

The limit will be same. - So the limit will be 1GB or 10GB?

>>Suppose UserA and UserB have Pro accounts. Workspace 1 is shared between UserA & UserB.

The limitation is for workspace, if the workspace has only 10GB limitation, we cannot add more data to it.

- But UserB doesn't have any limitation. What if he wants to add 3 GB to Workspace 1? Will he be able to add in Workspace 1?

Hello @rajulshah ,

As per my findings, the size of the dataset in the workspace that is backed by the capacity is increased to 10 GB from 1GB.

There is a good blog which has got answers to all of your questions, please visit - https://www.inkeysolutions.com/blogs/power-bi-size-limits-to-consider-while-choosing-the-right-capac...

Hope, this helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors