Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

abarnett
Helper I
Helper I

Data in a Custom Column pulled from a Query disappears when pushed

Hello! I am having issues with some data that doesn't hold when pushed into the online service. The data comes from a custom column that is pulled in a ODBC Query, and it works on the desktop file, but not in service. Attached are photos of the original desktop file with data in the column, and the downloaded file from the service. Any ideas to why  this would happen? From OnlineFrom OnlineFrom Original FileFrom Original File

9 REPLIES 9
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Has the dataset been refreshed in the Power BI Service?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Yes it has, it was refereshed when I pushed it up. I refereshed it again and no luck. 

That is interesting, are you using the latest version of the On-Premise Data Gateway?

Power BI Blog

Looks like it isn't updated. Let me get this fixed. 

Cool, I am hoping that there is a new DAX function that you are using in your PBIX that is not part of the On-Premise Gateway

The updated version should hopefully resolve this.

Power BI Blog

Well I hope so, waiting for IT to help with this. They put it on a different computer than mine. 

So far this seems to be the solution. But I said this last time I had this issue and it came back lol. 

Hi @abarnett 

Hopefully this will resolve it

I do hope that they installed the Gateway on a seperate Server that can be managed by IT!

Power BI Blog

@GilbertQ  It did not solve it sadly..it worked for a little but refreshed the data this morning and the data is gone again. No ideae why this continues to happen. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors