cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Data from sample?

I was viewing this sample https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-sample-human-resources-take-a-tour/ and I would love to recreate those visuals with our company data. I have reports in excel format, but I am not sure what data I need and how to format it so that I can view the same types of reports. When I try to download the data in excel, I can either view the summarized version, which doesn't seem to come close to what I need and then I can look at the full version, which has everything parsed out after PowerBI analyzed the data. 

I would love a tutorial on what exactly I need to put together on an excel spreadsheet and how to upload/edit the data so that I can have the same views.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Data from sample?

@99

In the sample workbook, the Power View report is fed by a Power Pivot model. You need to import those tables into Power Pivot, then build into a data model. You can also use Power BI Desktop connect this workbook for creating reports.

55.PNG

For more details, please see: 

Use the Data Model in Power View

Regards,

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Data from sample?

@99

In the sample workbook, the Power View report is fed by a Power Pivot model. You need to import those tables into Power Pivot, then build into a data model. You can also use Power BI Desktop connect this workbook for creating reports.

55.PNG

For more details, please see: 

Use the Data Model in Power View

Regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power BI

See the latest Power BI innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!.

Top Solution Authors