Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Regular Visitor

Data from sample?

I was viewing this sample https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-sample-human-resources-take-a-tour/ and I would love to recreate those visuals with our company data. I have reports in excel format, but I am not sure what data I need and how to format it so that I can view the same types of reports. When I try to download the data in excel, I can either view the summarized version, which doesn't seem to come close to what I need and then I can look at the full version, which has everything parsed out after PowerBI analyzed the data. 

I would love a tutorial on what exactly I need to put together on an excel spreadsheet and how to upload/edit the data so that I can have the same views.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@99

In the sample workbook, the Power View report is fed by a Power Pivot model. You need to import those tables into Power Pivot, then build into a data model. You can also use Power BI Desktop connect this workbook for creating reports.

55.PNG

For more details, please see: 

Use the Data Model in Power View

Regards,

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@99

In the sample workbook, the Power View report is fed by a Power Pivot model. You need to import those tables into Power Pivot, then build into a data model. You can also use Power BI Desktop connect this workbook for creating reports.

55.PNG

For more details, please see: 

Use the Data Model in Power View

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors