Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data flow showing empty data

Hey Guys, 

I recently have an issue with dataflow. I have been searching Power BI community to figure out the solution. There is a few topic similar to the one that I have and the answer has been selected as "Solved" but based on their solution I cannot apply to my situation. The solution doesn't work. So, I bring it up again.

Here is the situation,

I am using the data source from Odata to feed to Dataflow and then using Power BI desktop version to collecting the data I have store it in data flow. 

Attached 3 pictures help me to explain the situation. I can see the data from Odata in data flow I created, but when I redirect the data from data flow to Power BI desktop version. It gives me all empty tables. 

I try with different source file as SQL oracle data source file, everything is fine (in data flow or desktop version). 

I am wondering if there is any issue with Odata as source in dataflow. I tried to disconnect the data source and refresh it (doesn't work). Please help. If the Power BI community people see it, could you please check with tech team if there is any problem with their site.

By the way there is a little story when I save the dataflow. Beacuse original data set has a few columns as "table" so there is a error pop up when I put data into Data flow (web). And when I save it, it gives me a error because of "table" type data. And I click ok and save it again, it gets saved without "table" columns(My guess is data flow doesn't accept "table" type of data it gets deleted no problem, I am not using those columns anyways). I am sure if there is anything to do with the situation. Just bring it up.

Thanks in advance!!!!pic1.pngpic2.pngpic3.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @v-lionel-msft , After I talked with the support team, we finally get the solution for this issue.

Thank you so much to Melina Costa de Souza! The problem is with refresh!

Attached pic to address where you need to click refresh. Refresh it on the Dataflow (web) right after you save it. Not on the Power BI desktop where you pull the Dataflow into Destktop.pic.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I can't reproduce your problem.

Please create support ticket.

Create support ticket 

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @v-lionel-msft , After I talked with the support team, we finally get the solution for this issue.

Thank you so much to Melina Costa de Souza! The problem is with refresh!

Attached pic to address where you need to click refresh. Refresh it on the Dataflow (web) right after you save it. Not on the Power BI desktop where you pull the Dataflow into Destktop.pic.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors