Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Clasteruga
Frequent Visitor

Data flow Direct query mode

I created PBX file with Data flow data source (direct query mode), but this report don't work in Power bi services

errorerror

Screenshot_5.png

7 REPLIES 7
lpjanaka
Regular Visitor

I experienced the same issue and was able to solve this issue by changing the data source privacy level to 'organizational'. Please see the screen shot below.

lpjanaka_0-1603209818626.png

Jewelski
Regular Visitor

Hi @Clasteruga, have you been able to solve this issue by now?

I run into the same issue. I have enabled all the required settings, and I have the option to select Direct Query when getting data from a dataflow. Everything is working fine and I am able to publish to the Power BI Server. When I try to open the report in the Power BI Server I got the following error message:

Cannot load model

Couldn't load the model schema associated with this report. Make sure you have a connection to the server, and try again.

Please check the technical details for more information. If you contact support, please provide these details.

• Underlying ErrorPowerBI service client received error HTTP response. HttpStatus: 400. PowerBIErrorCode: QueryUserError
  • QueryUserErrorUnable to convert an M query in table 'Test' into a native source query.

The datasource of the dataflow is Amazon Redshift. Is it true this isn't possible? Weird, since it works properly in the Power BI Desktop. If so, will this be available in the (hopefullyn near) future?

v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi  @Clasteruga 

What is your datasource for Data flow? 

and if you use import model, does it work well?

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

1. Datasource for Data flow = SQL Server

2. Yes

Hi @Clasteruga,

To get a few things cleared up:

1. You're using a Premium capacity
  2. You're using a dataflow that has DQ to a SQL Server?
  3. You're consuming that dataflow in PBI Desktop?

On point 2: have you gone through the documentation and done the following things?

Next to that, there are quite a few limitations right now, are you sure you're not hitting one of them?

For example: DirectQuery for dataflows does not work with the enhanced metadata preview feature enabled.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

1. You're using a dataflow that has DQ to a SQL Server - I'm using dataflow which download data from SQL server by schedule

2. You're consuming that dataflow in PBI Desktop - I created PBX file in DQ mode to dataflow

DQ model.png

3. Enable the enhanced compute engine - YES

Capacity.png

4. Enable DirectQuery for dataflows - YES

dflw.png

But in PBX file DQ mode for dataflow works fine 

PBIfile.png

Am I doing something wrong? 🤔☹️

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors