Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

chiel
Regular Visitor

Data doesn't show on map in pdf export

I've got data in my Power BI map (the 'standard' map visual), which the report and the app correctly show.

When I export the app to pdf, the map no longer shows the data but instead shows an empty world map.

The app has been up for a couple of months and this issue has now (last week) first occurred.

The types of data have not since the weeks before, I haven't added any new query steps or dax or anything.

What do I do?

6 REPLIES 6
aanchalshah18
Helper I
Helper I

I am facing the same issue, any resolution? Has anybody reported it to Power Bi?

jennratten
Super User
Super User

Hello - I am also experiencing this issue.  Any updates?

Nothing from my side, unfortunately.

v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @chiel ,

According to your description, the data is displayed correctly in both the report and the application, probably because the data is displayed as cached data and is not read from the data source.

First you try refreshing the report manually, does it display the data properly?
Also, if the data is displayed properly, it may be that there are some caveats and limitations to the "Export to PDF" function that you need to troubleshoot.

vhenrykmstf_0-1667271698466.png
All of the above reasons may cause you to not be able to view the visual objects and associated data properly in the pdf.

For more details, you can read below document:

Export reports to PDF - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and related screenshoots. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-henryk-mstf,

Thanks for your response.

When I manually refresh the data, nothing changes.

This is what the map looks like in the app:

chiel_0-1667312635538.png

And this is what the map looks like in the pdf export:

chiel_1-1667312676941.png

None of the considerations and limitations apply.

The pdf export has always worked until last week.

If more information is needed, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Chiel

I’m experiencing the exact same issue and it seems to be something that has just come up as we are using the same visuals we have used for months with no prior issues.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors