Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data capacity for Application Workspace on Premium Capacity Node

Hello,

For now we have 1 P1 with 25G.

All nicely divided over several workspaces.

But one of the workspace really consumed too much memory, badly build, ...

I know that when the 25is full you are not realy limited, it goes way beyound, but then a swapping mechnisme starts.

Is there a way within the capacity ti limit a workspace to fox 5gig of that 25 ? Once he goes above he start swapping, even is thre still would be left ...

I would like to have a reserved space as a kind of elastic pool and a fix other part for the bad-build reports...

2 REPLIES 2
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

I have a little confused about your question.

If I understand your scenario correctly that you have the premium capacity with P1 and you have used the whole memory?

If it is, what does the swapping mechnisme do you mean?

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

What I mean is thar we have 25G of reserved memory with a P1. So PBI will always keep 25G of data, of several workbooks, in memory. If other chuncks are needed I supporst the oldest consulted data will de dropped out of that 25G and replaced by the new called data.

This comes from https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/whitepaper-powerbi-premium-deployment

Storage is set to 100 TB per capacity node.

The resources and limits of each Premium SKU (and equivalently sized A SKU) are described in the following table.

Capacity Nodes Total v-cores Backend v-cores RAM (GB) Frontend v-cores DQ/LC (per sec) Model Refresh Parallelism

P1/A484254306

So, basically the problem is that we have a few bad, veru consuming Reports. When I enable these workspaces in Premium I can see the memory fully used (when users start using the reports). So others apps could get out. No users sees is, that's true, all works fine. But I would like to create a fixed zone for the other apps. a bit like a QoS in networking. Or limit the bad workspaces to ex 5G, so even id the rest is not used, our bad only will use 5Gig instead of 25....

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors