Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

maserr
Helper IV
Helper IV

Data Storage

Dear all,

Here is a question I have not found any answer referring to it.

I have discovered that my Power BI data storage is in West Europe. I am pretty sure this is due to the fact when creating the Microsoft account it was selected the location of my company in Spain so Microsoft found the nearest data region in West Europe.

The fact is that all my resources created on Azure are located in North Europe and I would like to know which are the consequences I could find having different locations. I discovered my Power BI location when I tried to create an on-premises data gateway in an Azure VM and the gateway was not working because Power BI was in a different location. So this get me in to create the on-premises data gateway of the VM in West Europe and the on-premises data gateway in Azure also in West Europe when all the other resources are in North Europe. Will this represent an increase in costs and latency?

Thanks in advance,

1 REPLY 1
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @maserr ,

There is a tips on this documentTo minimize latency, you can install the gateway as close as possible to your data source, or on the same computer, assuming that you have permissions. If you are using DirectQuery Or Live Connection, the latency may have a few affect. And you may need to consider the data traffic between your gateway and data source.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors