Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kkalyanthaya
Employee
Employee

Data Source refresh - Credential issue

I have connected to Azure Analysis service from PBI desktop and published the file in Power BI Service WorkSpace.

The data set in the service does not seem to refresh because of Data Source credentials issue :

"Your data source can't be refreshed because the credentials are invalid. Please update your credentials and try again."

However the same credentials works fine on PBI desktop and the data set refreshes.

Note: Gate Connection in Dataset settings says - "You don't need a gateway for this dataset, because all of its data sources are in the cloud, but you can use a gateway for enhanced control over how you connect."

Can someone suggest any fix for this ?

Capture.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

This issue is no longer at the support page, but I still got the issue when trying to set up the scheduled refresh.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @kkalyanthaya,

This known issue will be fixed on 6/8/2018. You can look at support page to know more about this.

Users may not be able to set credentials if they are using OAuth2 for SQL Azure or AS Azure data sources. Engineers are aware of the issue and are working on a fix . Next Update @06/08/2018 22:30 UTC.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, thanks for the update, And it's good to know that the fault is not in our environment .

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had this same but we are trying to connect to a SQL Server, but the thing is that I've been trying to log in with the database creditentials.

Details

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kkalyanthaya,

I can reproduce your issue, it seems like oauth credentials not works on service side. 

I will report this to power bi team and update here if any feedback.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors