Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dude95
Resolver I
Resolver I

Data Source Unsupported for Refresh - Asana API

So I'm working with the Asana API to pull in projects and having some issues with putting in a refresh schedule. Works fine on the desktop, but get the "Data Source Unsupported for Refresh" when I publish and try to refresh data.

I tried to follow the guidance from  http://blog.datainspirations.com/2018/02/17/dynamic-web-contents-and-power-bi-refresh-errors/  - but I'm still getting issues even though I pulled everything out of the URL and put it in the RelativePath as part of the Web.Contents call.

Can anyone give me some guidance on how I'm screwing it up?

let
    baseurl = "https://app.asana.com",
    RelPath = "/api/1.0/projects?limit=" & Project_Limit & "&workspace=xxxxxx",
    headers = [Headers=[#"Content-Type"="application/json", Authorization="Bearer xxxxxxx"], RelativePath= RelPath ],
    initReq = Json.Document(Web.Contents(baseurl, headers)),
    initData = initReq[data],
    //We want to get data = {lastNPagesData, thisPageData}, where each list has the limit # of Records, 
    //then we can List.Combine() the two lists on each iteration to aggregate all the records. We can then
    //create a table from those records
    gather = (data as list, uri) =>
        let
            //get new offset from active uri
            newOffset = Json.Document(Web.Contents(uri, headers))[next_page][offset],
            //build new uri using the original uri so we dont append offsests
            newUri = baseurl & "&offset=" & newOffset,
            //get new req & data
            newReq = Json.Document(Web.Contents(newUri, headers)),
            newdata = newReq[data],
            //add that data to rolling aggregate
            data = List.Combine({data, newdata}),
            //if theres no next page of data, return. if there is, call @gather again to get more data
            check = if newReq[next_page] = null then data else @gather(data, newUri)
        in check,
    //before we call gather(), we want see if its even necesarry. First request returns only one page? Return.
    outputList = if initReq[next_page] = null then initData else gather(initData, baseurl),
    //then place records into a table. This will expand all columns available in the record.
    expand1 = Table.FromRecords(outputList),
    #"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(expand1, each true)
in
    #"Filtered Rows"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dude95
Resolver I
Resolver I

Someone did let me know.  I was so focused on the first call - forgot I was making two different calls.  Got it working.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
nattanarcilla
Frequent Visitor

@dude95 I'm having the same isssue. If you wont mind, can you point me to the right direction on what I should change to make it work? My goal is to extract only selected fields which are defined in opt_fields.

RelPath = "/api/1.0/projects/xxxxxxxxxxxx/tasks?limit=100&opt_fields=name,created_at,modified_at,completed_at,due_on,assignee.name,notes,custom_fields.name,custom_fields.display_value,subtasks.name,subtasks.notes,permalink_url"

dude95
Resolver I
Resolver I

Someone did let me know.  I was so focused on the first call - forgot I was making two different calls.  Got it working.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

how do you supply the bearer token? Don't you need another call to fetch that first?

Internal file that I control.  I've just got a key through my account.  Not full oAuth

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors