cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fullthrottle Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Data Source Error: Resource name and Location need to match. Resource name: Query1. Location:x

I build in Power BI Desktop and then Publish. I scheduled a refresh, but when i manually refresh data, it gives the above error.

Dashboard_Error.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
andre
Advisor

Re: Data Source Error: Resource name and Location need to match. Resource name: Query1. Location:x

can you try this:

1. delete your dataset from the service
  2. open the desktop file and hit Refresh (5th icon in the Home ribbon)
  3. Use GetData from the service to publish the desktop model again (I still don't trust the Publish feature from the Desktop)
  4. Go to Schedule Refresh->Manage Datasources and enter credentials for all your connections
  5. try Refresh Now and see what happens

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User IV
Super User IV

Re: Data Source Error: Resource name and Location need to match. Resource name: Query1. Location:x

What kind of data source?

I have book! Learn Power BI from Packt

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Frequent Visitor

I pull from a MySQL database. I have about five reports and this is the only one that is having this issue.

Highlighted
andre
Advisor

can you try this:

1. delete your dataset from the service
  2. open the desktop file and hit Refresh (5th icon in the Home ribbon)
  3. Use GetData from the service to publish the desktop model again (I still don't trust the Publish feature from the Desktop)
  4. Go to Schedule Refresh->Manage Datasources and enter credentials for all your connections
  5. try Refresh Now and see what happens

View solution in original post

Frequent Visitor

Thanks Andre! That worked like a charm. 

andre
Advisor

No worries, glad I could help...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Join us in the third Triple A event!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

It’s the start of a new Super User season! Learn all about the new Super Users and brand-new tiered recognition system.

January 2020 Community Highlights

January 2020 Community Highlights

Make sure you didn't miss any of the things that happened in the community in January!

Top Solution Authors